A colourful brownie recipe from ‘The Unicorn Cookbook’ by Alix Carey, pick up your copy here.
- For the brownies:
- 225g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa)
- 150g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- For the cheesecake:
- 150g cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- Gel food colouring (pink, blue, yellow, orange)
- Preheat the oven to 170℃ and grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Once the ingredients have melted, remove the bowl from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- While the mixture cools, whisk the eggs and caster sugar in a large bowl until well combined. Add the eggs and sugar to the melted chocolate and butter and mix for around 1 minute.
- Add the flour and carefully fold it into the mixture using a metal spoon until fully incorporated.
- Beat the cream cheese, caster sugar and egg together until smooth. Split the mixture between four bowls and add 1/4 tsp of different gel food colouring to each bowl.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the cake tin and smooth it into all the corners. Spoon the cheesecake mixtures in a random formation on top. Using a knife, swirl the two mixtures together to give a rainbow marble effect.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, leave in the tin and set aside to cool completely before peeling off the baking paper and cutting into squares.